Friday, January 15, 2016

2016 Aspirations

Hello and welcome back to this week's blog post! I know that everyone had a wonderful time during winter break and now we are in 2016! I got some goals that i want to try to achieve in 2016. Here's 5 goals. Goal #1: Do better in school. So far I've been doing good in school but i just think that I can do better. Goal #2: Beat my brother in one-on-one basketball. I just want to say an interesting fact about my family. My family is really competitive. So whenever my brother beats me in one-on-one basketball, I get all salty and don't want to play with him anymore. And I know I'm a sore loser and it's true. I'll admit it. Goal #3: Watch all Fast and Furious movies. So far I tried watching all of the fast and furious movies before the 8th movie comes out. The only movie I have to watch is the 3rd movie (Tokyo Drift). I'm have to at least watch it anytime before April 14, 2017. Goal #4: Win the presidents cup. The Presidents Cup is a tournament on O'ahu. This is actually my first tournament since forever. The tournament I went to on O'ahu was when I was 8 I think. Finally, goal #5: Win the HYSA springs championships. HYSA is actually a soccer season on Kauai. But for the past years I have so close to winning but just not. The last 2 years just destroyed my soul. 2014, Kapa'a FC. We lost in the semifinals. 2015, Futsal Kauai. We won every game except for the game against North Shore FC. They crushed us. But I'm really feeling it this year. And this are some goals I want to attain in 2016.

I think the most important goal from those five are "Winning the HYSA springs championships". Like I said before, I was so close to winning the past 2 years. But they seriously destroyed my soul last year because everytime we played North Shore FC, we spanked them. But in our championship game against them, we got spanked. My soul was crushed. And soccer is just really important to me because it's just an emotional sport that I am really passionate about. And like I said earlier, I'm a really competitive and when I lose, sometimes I'm a poor sport. Like in serious games, I am like a super poor sport if we lose. If it's like a regular game then I would be ok. And also the beginning of the school year, part of the North Shore FC came to KMS this year so when they saw me they made fun of me how we lost and they won. In the beginning of the school year I was kinda pissed but now almost all the north shore people that came from Kiluea Elementary School are like my homies. We're really good friends now. But in all seriousness, winning the HYSA Spring Championships is my most important goal I want to attain is winning.

The steps I will take to obtain success is practice, practice, practice. I'll be more healthier. I'll be more healthier by getting in shape, eating healthier, and maybe even play more sports to fit myself for soccer because soccer is all about running and during my basketball practices, I'm seriously gonna die from running from the free throw line, back to the baseline, run to the half court, back to the baseline, and you get the point. After I'll start playing more with my older brother. Probably shoot some hoops with him or race. Maybe even beat him in 1 vs 1 basketball against him. Maybe even beat him (which will probably never happen (but that's why I'm working on it this year!)). Maybe even in school. I could participate in sporting games there. People play football on the field. That will help me with my running and agility skills. There's basketball at the court. Maybe that can help me with my math like "Oh, shoot it at a 45 degree angle" or something. Girls play softball on the field. That can help me with my sportsmanship by not wanting to be a poor sport and leave and get all mad. And even once in a while someone brings a soccer ball so we can just kick, play keep away, or maybe even a little game. So that's it for this week's post. I'll see you in the next blog post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment