Thursday, March 3, 2016

Tiny Spherical Worlds



Hello and welcome back to another blog post! Last week, we started this new project called Spherical and Polar Panoramas (Panos). Before I start talking about the polar and spherical panos, I'll tell you what a composite image and why it is important. A composite image is Created from combining several different pictures to go beyond the limitations of a camera. A composite image is important for a panorama because a just one picture wouldn't get all of what you want. that's why a pano is a composite image.


A Polar Pano is a panoramic landscape with defined horizon lines digitally manipulated to create a circular planet-like image. A Spherical Pano looks like a landscape is wrapped around the frame. they're different on how they look. The polar panos look like tiny worlds and the spherical pano looks like landscape warped around in a circle. And that's the difference between a Polar Panorama and a Spherical Panorama.

My finished Tiny Worlds looks convincing because in my final spherical I made myself look big. And while I was editing I noticed that I was facing the sunlight. So added a shadow to make it look like I am really there and I look big. But in my polar panorama it doesn't look like I'm really there. It doesn't look like it because I didn't put a shadow to make it look like I'm really there. Because a real person would have a shadow. But I tried to make myself pop out of my world and tried to make it look convincing as possible. So that was this week's blog and I'll see you in the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment