Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Hiki No Behind the Scenes

So during school I have GT (Gifted and Talented). Mr. Sanderl is having us do a project. We have to make a little news or profile story on this show called "Hiki No". So far, me and my team has three interviews. We don't know how much B-roll we have but Mr. Sanderl said that there can never be enough B-roll. So we don't have enough B-roll. We're still writing down the transcription for the interviews. All we need to do is write down our last interview then we'll be 15% done with the entire project. This project is hard, but Mr. Sanderl said that this will probably be the hardest project we'll ever do.

When we're not rolling the camera we help each other with the questions and how we're going to ask them. Before we interview the interviewee we ask if we can interview him/her because what if they don't want to be on national television. Before we shoot the interview the interviewee, we tell the interviewee the questions we're going to ask her/him so then they will have a little time for them too think about it. We do it because then the interviewee will know what to say and won't keep saying "um". There will be less pauses in the interview.

I will help my team by doing work when I am not in school. I try to stay on task whenever I need too. I help set up the camera and write the questions for the interview. I also help finish the profile pitch sheet after school. I will take part in finishing the transcription for the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment