Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Humorous Monologue




Hello everybody and thank you again for reading this week's blog! Today I will continue talking about my comedic monologue. Right now I will tell you what I learned from this project. Some of the stuff I learned were new and old information. I also forgot some of my old information so if I mention something that I already know then this is why. I learned how to use the cameras properly and import the videos to the computer. I learned that on the cards that go into the camera, they're these little switches to lock or unlock a card. This is something I definitely learned. I also learned how to make a funny joke. I learned how to grade our project. Those were the things I learned in this project.

Something I definitely learned and did not include because I'm going to talk about it right now is padding. If you don't know what padding is, I'll tell you what it is in my own words. Padding is when you start the video and let it play to the minimum of 3 seconds and say action. When you're done with the video wait a minimum of 3 seconds and say cut. That is basically padding. I think padding is crucial because you could start a video and the camera wouldn't be ready to record and then your video will be missing a couple of parts in the beginning of your video. Also at the end because it could cut off some of the parts at the end. And that was what padding is and why it is crucial.

So I found out that my comedic monologue was the best of the whole class! But I'm not going to talk about that. Right now I'll be talking about weaknesses, strengths, and what I could've done to improve. I think the weaknesses I had in this project was trying to get the bingo shots. I had to get bingo shots ASAP. I didn't know when or where to get bingo props. So I just thought as this to be the best possible way to do this. My strengths were probably the joke writing because like I said earlier, I'm growing up watching Seinfeld and I just got great feed back from the series. Probably I could've improve by getting something easier than a bingo game. But I think I chose it because I was trying to think of the boringest (I know that's not a word.) thing in the world. So that was why I chose a bingo game. But now that I think about it, I think I could've use something like channel surfing or something. I don't know. Well that was my post for this week and I'll try to keep you updated during this fall break. So that's all. See you next time and have a great fall break!



My Monologue

No comments:

Post a Comment